星期一, 九月 17, 2007

Will Playing Buddhist Chanting CD Attract Spirits?




Questions:

Namo Amituofo,

I have an enquiry which I hope you can assist me.

Afew months ago I started getting interest in Buddhism and I have bought a few Buddhist mantra CDs sung by Sister Imee Ooi - "namo Amituofo", "Nilakantha Dharani/Da Bei Zhou", "Chant of Metta" and "Heart Sutra" . I usually listen to them at home or while driving.

However recently my mother who joins the Taiwanese Yi Guan Dao told me not to listen to the CDs at home. One of her sifu said that listening to Buddhist mantra at home will invite spirits of dead people and even evil spirits to the house to listen to mantras. The evil spirits will remain in the house. So, she said the CDs could only be listened to at a temple.

I sincerely hope someone will answer me if this is true.


See Yew's Response:

Please do not worry about those comments. From a Buddhist perspective, all sentient beings co-exist in everywhere and anytime including those "spirits" that you mentioned regardless whether or not a CD of Buddhist hymns is being played or not.

Buddhist hymns are meant for bringing peace in mind and to cultivate positive energy within oneself and it has got nothing to do with inviting spirits. In addition, only evil mind will invite evil spirits and not Buddhist hymns. Therefore, someone who listhen to the Buddhism hymns should cultivate inner peace, radiate the peacefulness in the heart and loving kindness to their loved ones and all other sentient beings surrounding them.

May all being be free from sufferings..cheers!

See Yew

没有评论: